Peppermint is one of the scents and flavors that reminds me of the Christmas season no matter what time of year it is! This Peppermint Dip is perfect for the holiday season because it’s quick and easy to make, but packs all that classic candy cane flavor!
If you like peppermint cheesecake, this dip gives you the same vibe but can be prepared in just minutes. It’s fluffy and sweet, making it a great option for holiday entertaining!
This is another dessert cream cheese dip that is so easy to make. It pairs well with sweet and salty dippers including cookies, graham crackers, and even pretzels!
Why You’ll Love This Peppermint Cheesecake Dip Recipe
- You only need 5 ingredients to make it!
- It only takes about 5 minutes to prepare! I do recommend chilling for an hour but you can chill for as short as 20 minutes. That means you’ll have a tasty dessert dip in less than half an hour!
- You can make this dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to a day.
- There are some great variation options including adding chocolate and turning it into a Peppermint Bark Dip (you can use chocolate chips or even crushed Oreos!)
- Perfect for holiday parties!
You’ll need some very simple ingredients for this candy cane dip. Many of them can also be found on sale during the holidays!
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
You can use full-size candy canes or mini candy canes. I find that the mini ones are easier to crush.
You can also buy a bag of crushed peppermint candy pieces in the baking section. Starlight mints also work for this recipe. So there are a lot of options to get your peppermint fix!
Dip Recipe Instructions
Be sure to set out your cream cheese so it has time to soften before you make the dip. You also want to make sure to thaw your Cool Whip.
You’ll also need to crush your candy canes before you start.
Then start by beating together the cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract in a bowl until well combined.
You can do this by hand or use a mixer.
Fold in the whipped topping and crushed peppermint candy until well mixed. You want to stir it gently to keep the fluffy texture while also incorporating these ingredients.
Chill the mixture for at least one hour, then top with additional crushed peppermint candy before serving.
What to Serve with This Dip
This dip pairs well with a variety of dippers! It’s definitely a treat and if there’s something you like paired with peppermint flavor, give it a try!
- Sugar cookies
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Pretzel sticks (especially chocolate-covered pretzels!)
This recipe is a Christmas party staple because of the easy ways you can tweak it. You can use it again and again!
- Peppermint Fluff Dip – Substitute the Cool Whip with Marshmallow Fluff.
- White Chocolate Peppermint – Fold in 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips with crushed candy canes. (You can do this with regular chocolate chips as well.)
- Swap out the Cool Whip – Make your own whipped topping using 1½ cups heavy whipping cream and ¼ cup of powdered sugar. Whip to stiff peaks.
Keep this dip chilled.
Chill the dip if not serving right away. You don’t want to leave this dip out for more than an hour or two because it is dairy-based.
What is the best way to crush candy canes?
Put the candy canes in a zippered plastic bag and cover it with a dish towel. Then beat with a rolling pin, the bottom of a food can, a meat tenderizer, or a mallet.
You can also use a food processor or blender to crush the candy canes or buy the pre-crushed pieces at the grocery store.
How to store leftovers
Peppermint dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week. But for the best texture, I recommend using it within a day or two.
More Dessert Dips
If you love this dip, definitely try Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip for more holiday flavor! It’s another easy-to-make cheesecake dip with Cool Whip.
If you’re craving more chocolate, try Hot Chocolate Dip or the Tik Tok famous Booty Dip recipe!
Peppermint Dip is an easy dessert dip that is perfect for your next Christmas party!
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 container frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes or Starlight mints
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract until well combined.
Fold in the whipped topping and crushed peppermint candy until well mixed.
Chill the dip for at least one hour, then top with additional crushed peppermint candy before serving.
Calories: 223 kcal