Do you want to go for a Christmas light drive around the Upstate and see all the best home displays? Have you seen long lists of Christmas light displays? Are you overwhelmed by the holidays this year? We’ve got five driving routes for 2022 to help you enjoy the season without a lot of stress since we already did the work for you!
Load the family in the car and follow these routes for a super simple yet super special night (or nights) of enjoying Christmas lights together.
Do you want your light display included in our list? Fill out our Holiday Light Display form and be sure to include a photo of your display!
The Kidding Around Upstate, SC Christmas Lights Driving Routes include:
Spartanburg, SC Christmas Lights Driving Route
Greer, SC Christmas Lights Driving Route
Simpsonville, SC Christmas Lights Driving Route
Easley, SC Christmas Lights Driving Route
Anderson, SC Christmas Driving Route
EDITOR’S Pick of Displays Across The Upstate
Want to jump right to the driving routes map?
Christmas Lights Driving Routes Map
While we do our best to offer accurate information, please check with these venues and organizations before visiting.
Please help keep Kidding Around free by not copying and reproducing this content without written permission.
Please note that things like inclement weather can impact a display status.
If you see more while you are driving around the Upstate, be sure to share the info in the comments of our Holiday Lights List for folks to check out!
Tips For Enjoying The Holiday Light Displays
While there are plenty of paid attractions you can visit with your family, if you are looking for some budget-friendly fun, admiring the work of homeowners, you have come to the right spot.
We have separated light displays in the Upstate into several easy-to-follow routes. Do them all in one night, or turn them into several nights of fun. Throw your fuzzy jammies on, grab the tumbler of hot cocoa, and hit the road.
We have gathered the best of the best in the Upstate to curate this fantastic list. Homes with light shows that include music (and sometimes even hot chocolate and Santa) are included and worth the drive. Here are a few tips to make the most of the routes provided:
- Expect to wait in traffic to see them. The more popular ones will most likely have traffic in front of them, especially on the weekends. Patience and grace are the spirit of the holidays.
- When visiting the walk through displays, park on the sides of the street, being sure to leave room for traffic and not block neighbors’ driveways.
- If available, we have included the social media pages for light displays. Check the Facebook page of the light display before heading out. Things like weather and lighting issues can determine if a display is lit or not, and we won’t be able to post updates on individual displays.
- Keep in mind that most synchronized sisplays WILL NOT RUN in wet conditions. This is due to electrical issues, and is to protect the large investment homeowners have put into these displays. If it has been raining during the day, or is raining after sundown – please take this into consideration before you drive a significant distance to view the lights, as they may be off.
2022 Kidding Around Christmas Light Driving Tour Map
Have issues with the map? We have a tutorial to help navigate the map. (this has 2020 tour info and is just posted as a tutorial)
This article includes:
Easley/Greenville, SC Christmas Light Driving Route
Simpsonville, SC Christmas Light Driving Route
Spartanburg, SC Christmas Light Driving Route
Greer, SC Christmas Light Driving Route
Anderson, SC Christmas Light Driving Route
The 2022 Greenville/Easley Holiday Light Driving Route
- 200 Earle Street, Greenville (a few houses on this street)
- 214 Bennett Street, Greenville
- 403 Sulphur Springs Road, Greenville
- 1462 Old Easley Highway, Easley
- 212 Cherish Drive, Easley
- 1039 S Pendleton Street, Easley
- 200 2 Notch Trail, Easley
Victorian House of Lights
- 214 Bennett Street, Greenville | Starts Thanksgiving
- This is a “Hallmark” themed Victorian style Christmas decorated house that will bring Greenville back into Dickens era.
Lights on E. Earle St
- 200, 203, 204 E Earle Street, Greenville | December 2, 2022 – January 7, 2023, dark-11 pm
Lights on Old Easley Road
- 1462 Old Easley Highway, Easley | November 18, 2022 – New Years, dark – 10 pm
Lights of Bethel
403 Sulphur Springs Road, Greenville | Starts Thanksgiving, 6-9 pm
5 Point Church Display
- 1039 S Pendleton Street, Easley | Starts around Thanksgiving
Cook Family Christmas
- 200 2 Notch Trail, Easley | November 27 – December 30, 2022, 6:30-9 pm weekdays, 6-10 pm weekends
2022 Simpsonville Holiday Light Driving Route
Addresses on the Simpsonville Route:
- 902 Whitemarsh Avenue, Simpsonville
- 402 Tulip Tree Lane, Simpsonville
- 6 Kwikaway Court, Simpsonville
- 264 Applehill Way, Simpsonville
- 3 Wake Forest Way, Mauldin
- 5 Digby Place, Simpsonville
- 2 Dunrobin Lane, Simpsonville
- 205 Carrick Drive, Simpsonville
- 902 Whitemarsh Avenue, Simpsonville | Nightly 6-9 pm Thanksgiving – New Years weather permitting
- Toys for Tots event December 2-4, 2022 from 6-9 pm
Christmas on Kwikaway
- 6 Kwikaway Court, Simpsonville | Nightly from 6-10 pm Thanksgiving-New Years weather permitting
Higgs Christmas Lights
- 264 Applehill Way, Simpsonville | Thanksgiving – New Years Eve, 6-10:30 pm
Major Award Lights Mauldin
- 3 Wake Forest Way, Mauldin | Thanksgiving-January 8 (except December 1-4), dusk-10 pm
Holiday Lights on Dunrobin Lane
- 2 Dunrobin Lane, Simpsonville | November 28 – December 27, 2022
Pixel Christmas Light Display
- 205 Carrick Drive, Simpsonville | November 30 – December 31, 2022, 5:30-10 pm
Lights on Tulip Tree Lane
- 402 Tulip Tree Lane, Simpsonville | December 1, 2022 – January 2, 2023 | dark-midnight
- 5 Digby Place, Simpsonville | November 28, 2022 – January 2, 2023
- “The neighbor also adds in a Grinch to “steal our lights” with stealing one strand… Fun for the kids. Free candy canes under the mailbox!”
Holiday Lights On Keswick Trail
- 104 Keswick Trail, Simpsonville
- Musical synchronized Christmas light display
2022 Spartanburg Holiday Light Driving Route
Addresses on Spartanburg driving route:
- 360 Foster Road, Inman
- 1275 Landrum Mill Road, Campobello
- 185 Holston Valley Circle, Inman (ONLY ENTER DIRECTLY FROM NEW CUT ROAD)
The Christmas House | Inman
- 360 Foster Road, Inman |Lights and displays can be viewed November 24 – December 31, 2022 from 5:30-10 pm
The Belcher Family Tradition | Lyman [not confirmed for 2022]
- 17 Burriss Road, Lyman, SC 29365
- “The Belcher Family Tradition. New light displays added each year. Approx. 28,000 lights.”
Nodine Family Christmas Lights | Inman
- 185 Holston Valley Circle, Inman | Nightly from 6-10 pm Thanksgiving-New Years, ONLY ENTER DIRECTLY FROM NEW CUT ROAD
Williams Family Christmas | Campobello
- 1275 Landrum Mill Road, Campobello | November 25, 2022 – January 1, 2023 from 5:30-10:30 pm nightly
2022 Greer Holiday Light Driving Route
Addresses on the Greer route in order of driving route:
- 500 Rockcrest Drive, Greer
- 59 Enoree Farm Way, Taylors
- 380 School Street, Duncan
- 473 Rebel Ridge Road, Lyman
- 363 Woodsberry Shoals Drive, Duncan
- 119 Crosshill Rd, Moore
Blue Blue Christmas
- 59 Enoree Farm Way, Taylors | November 30, 2022 – January 3, 2023
Holiday Lights on Rebel Ridge Road | Lyman
- 473 Rebel Ridge Road, Lyman | Thanksgiving – New Years, 6-10 pm
Worden Christmas Light Show
- 500 Rockcrest Drive, Greer | Starts December 4th, 2022, runs nightly from 6-9 pm
Wonderland on School Street | Duncan
- 380 School Street, Duncan | Sunset – 10 pm
Woodsbury Light Show
- 363 Woodsberry Shoals Drive, Duncan | November 28, 2022 – January 1, 2023, 6-9 pm weekdays, 6-10 pm weekends
Peck Family Christmas
119 Crosshill Rd, Moore | Thanksgiving-New Years 5:30-11 pm
Colorful Christmas [not confirmed for 2022]
- 525 Henderson Circle, Greer, SC 29650
- “Very colorful Christmas lights with several displays and themes. The yard is covered in lights and tons of Christmas cheer!”
2022 Anderson Holiday Light Driving Route
Addresses on the Anderson route:
- 1720 Harris Bridge Road, Anderson
- 233 Bowen Drive, Anderson
- 417 Mattison Road, Anderson
Anthony Family Light Display
- 1720 Harris Bridge Road, Anderson, SC 29621 | Open December 9,10,16,17,23, 24, 2022 from 6-9 pm
- The walk through light show will have a live Santa, kids crafts, musical chairs, bonfire, and a glow in the dark putt putt course It is a walk through light show and it is free to attend.
Welcome To Who-Ville
- 233 Bowen Drive, Anderson, SC 29621 | 6:30-10 pm nightly starting November 25th, enter from Bowen Drive ONLY
- Visits from Santa & Who-Ville Characters – December 2-3, 9-10, 2022 from 6:30 – 8:30PM
Hamilton Christmas Light Display
417 Mattison Road, Anderson | Thanksgiving-New Years, 6-10 pm
Hyde Family Lights [not confirmed for 2022]
- 2401 Old Stone Drive, Anderson, SC 29621
Lights of North Avenue [not confirmed for 2022]
- North Avenue, Anderson, SC
- 3 Decorated homes – (2) Static / (1) Synchronized
BONUS: No Route Christmas Light Displays
There are several holiday light displays in the Upstate that are too far from any of the routes to be added to them but that we still think you’ll like. They are noted in purple on the map and their addresses and info is below.
Pelzer Light People
These are people who just love the Christmas spirit so much that they literally deck themselves out with lights. They have a specific schedule, which starts on Thanksgiving, so be sure to check it before heading out to see them in Pelzer, SC. In general, they are out every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 7 pm to 9 pm (weather permitting).
Poole Light Show
- 6264 Highway 92, Enoree
- This display is enormous – more than 50,000 lights! They run Thanksgiving-December 26th and have special events like free popcorn night.
Ricci’s Christmas Lights
- 200 Saddlebred Drive, Pelzer | November 18, 2022 – January 7, 2023, 6-10 pm
- “Over 10k lights all synced to Trans Siberian Orchestra and snow machines”
Mush Creek Hill Road Lights
- 42 and 43 Mush Creek Hill Road, Travelers Rest
- These two homes (and actually a third right off Locust Hill when you turn onto Mush Creek) have a ton of lights and holidays displays.
Love our content? Get it delivered right to your inbox twice a week with our free newsletter! Sign up here.
2022 Editor’s Picks For Top Holiday Home Light Displays
Here are some of our favorite synchronized displays:
- The Christmas House | 360 Foster Road, Inman
On the 2022 Spartanburg Route
- Poole’s Christmas Light Show | 6264 Highway 92, Enoree
Open nightly in 2022 Thanksgiving-December 26th from 6-10 pm
- Whitemarsh Christmas | 902 Whitemarsh Avenue, Simpsonville
Nightly 6-9 pm Thanksgiving – New Years, Toys for Tots event December 2-4, 2022 from 6-9 pm
2022 Editor’s Picks Of Displays Across The Upstate
If you are only able to spend one night driving to see lights – then this is the list! There are stops from Spartanburg to Anderson, heading across the Upstate!
Even More Holiday Home Light Displays
There is no shortage of holiday light displays to be found in the Upstate! For more holiday light displays, check out our list of 50+ Holiday Light Displays across the Upstate and beyond.
Don’t miss the Ultimate Holiday Guide to Greenville, SC, or our Holiday Guide to Spartanburg, SC for even MORE holiday fun. They are packed full of things to do, gift ideas, events, and more!
How To Get Your Home Submitted For Consideration On Kidding Around’s Coveted Christmas Light List
Please be sure to completely fill out the form, including any online links to information available like dedicated social media pages or posts. The more information we have, the more likely your home will be included in our content.
- Deadline to be considered for the 2022 Light Tour is November 23rd, 2022 – Info must be submitted by midnight on Thanksgiving Eve.
Status will be confirmed prior to publication as part of the consideration process for being included.
- Deadline to be considered for the 2022 list of Christmas Light Displays in Greenville & Spartanburg is December 9th, 2022 by midnight.
If you see more while you are driving around the Upstate, be sure to share the info in the comments of our Holiday Lights List for folks to check out.